Thursday, October 2, 2008

My heart today......


photo taken at Cococay Island by Emily

I saw you today! Well….of course, it wasn’t really you, but he was sitting in his car in front of me at a red light and from behind he reminded me of you. I pulled down my sunglasses, the man turned his head, his profile…….it made me gasp at the resemblance and tears welled in my eyes. The light turned green, I pulled my glasses up. A feeling of desperation, of deep pain, I have to keep going! He went straight and I turned left. Symbolic. The ache deep within me was so painful, so indescribable. You’re gone and I’ll never see you again and these moments are so often. When I least expect, they sneak up and suck the very breath from my life. Will it always be like that? A sense of normalcy with bouts of unbearable pain. I wonder every day what life would be like…..you know…..just if……….

Your Sister

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em,

That is so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time.....Saying a prayer for you sweetie!!

<3 Kimarie

Shari said...

Praying for your comfort Emily! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you. Take care and hang in there.

Anita J. said...

Bless your sweet heart. I am so sorry for your pain.

Emily said...

@Kimarie, Shari and Anita....thank you so much! Love, Emily