A while back Angie wrote a post called "Blink". I could totally relate to her thoughts about seeing the world in photographs. I had never articulated that feeling, but her words brought life to my every day emotions. "I realized that I see the world in photographs. I love to take pictures, and I suppose my mind has incorporated a little camera that allows me to freeze moments and store them away." I do this every day, all the time and never realized or consciously related to my vision of things.
I see someone briskly walking down the street and their hair flows in the wind.
Blink.
I watch children laughing and playing.
Blink.
I look over my sleeping child.
Blink.
A sunset, a deer walking thru the woods, a child's tears.
Blink.
Sitting in my office in Upstate New York when the Secretary announced a plane had just hit the first Tower.
Blink.
The day I got the call that Nicholas had died, I dropped to my knees on the kitchen floor.
Blink.
I've been listening to this song a lot this week, and I have seen moments of my life in photographs.
Blink.
Nicholas from Emily Rowe on Vimeo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Emily I am so sorry you lost your brother. It is so hard, isn't it? Gosh. He was so handsome. I wish I could do something to help. I will pray for you.
I, too, find comfort in knowing we will see him on the other side. When my grandmother passed she told us of the ones she saw on the other side. I look forward to the day I see Phil's face and he says to me, "Do you want to see Jesus?" with the excitement he showed as he introduced me to things as my big brother.
I am glad you will get to see your brother, too. I pray God be near you and comfort you as you miss Nicholas.
Post a Comment