I have spent the past few days pouring over the story of Audrey Caroline. I have devoured the blog and have cried countless tears! The blog is written by Angie, Audrey's Mommy. http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/ Angie who is an amazing Christian woman and has the strength that far surpasses anything I have personally known tells the story of her baby who lived 2-1/2 hours after birth! It's heart wrenching, but Angie's faith in God during such unimaginable grief has moved me to the core. I went to bed last night not only praying for their family, but also that God would lead me in the path of such righteousness. I will follow! I just kept thinking "I couldn't do this, I'm not sure I could raise you in that storm, please show me how to be so faithful".
Shattering the pottery by Angie Smith
As part of the grieving process Angie shattered a piece of pottery, here is a portion of what she has to say about the experience:
"And as I worked, He let me think about my past. Mistakes that I have long regretted. I began to realize that this pitcher was my life, and every piece was part of my story that He had chosen to put together. I started crying, and remembering things I thought I had forgotten. It took a long time to finish, but it was time well spent. Every nook and cranny whispered to me, until at last it stood in all its imperfection."
"The image of my life as a broken pitcher was beautiful to me, but at the same time, it was hard to look at all of the cracks. I ran my fingers along them and told Him I wish it had been different. How I wished I had always loved Him, always obeyed Him, always sought Him the way I should. I was mad at the imperfections, years wasted, gaping holes where it should be smooth."
"Take the time to be with the Lord as you piece it together again. Let Him tell you who you are, and let yourself be reminded of the grace that seals us all. You may not know Him at all, or you may be a "flannel-board Jesus" kid. It makes no difference. I am praying as I type these words that He will come to you and remind you that He loves the gaps because there is the potential for more of Himself revealed in you. Let him help you smash and rebuild his most coveted posession...you!"
I can't wait to do this and to watch the rebuilding!
Emily
I can't wait to do this and to watch the rebuilding!
Emily




No comments:
Post a Comment