Which brings me to another point. I am a very lucky gal! After over a year of research and research and research we purchased my new car this week. It's a Cadillac SRX and it's fun! So far my favorite feature is that the Navigation Screen shows the Artist and Title of the current song playing, isn't that silly!? My least favorite feature is that my water bottle doesn't fit in the cup holder :)! These are major adjustments :)! I am however proud that I was able to use the Navigation System to get home from Mt. Pisgah today, I've seen Eric use his enough that I must have picked up on it!
A few days ago I was driving my Jeep and felt a sudden sadness about not having it anymore! Eric and I purchased that car in December of 2001, I was pregnant with Alex. I knew the second I sat in that car it was exactly what I wanted and I have LOVED it for the past 6-1/2 years. It's been an awesome vehicle and I have gone many miles (nearly 130,000) with it. So much has changed since then, I have changed so much since then! You see it still sitting in my driveway because there is no way I was giving it away to the dealership! (P.S. I very much dislike the process of purchasing a car - and car salesmen despise informed consumers - that's only my opinion, but hey, it's my blog so I guess I can share it :)!
Also, here's an update on the babies! Mommy bird is with them a lot and she's become very comfortable with me sitting on the porch while she's in the nest. I take a little peak-see every day, thus the ladder! These are the things that excite me people, what can I say?
Oh.....so sorry babies, I'm not your Mommy and I don't have regurgitated worms to feed you! I'm sure she's coming back soon - hold tight!!!!! (My neighbors think I'm completely normal I assure you)!
Today we went to Mt. Pisgah and enjoyed the swimming and ice cream! Tomorrow we are going with a group of friends to BUTTERMILK FALLS - I can't wait! I've only been there once before and it was years ago.
Take time to enjoy the music, whatever the genre :)! Love, Emily




No comments:
Post a Comment