Reeling from the tenth anniversary of his death, I recently decided that I wanted to find something special to plant as a constant reminder of Nicholas. After looking thru everything at the nursery, this was the only choice. Simple, bright, beautiful with an essence of youth! It instantly reminded me of him. I want this to be a daily reminder of how precious life is!
Until then, Love

My Sister, My Sweet Sweet Kris, Emily (me)

This is a sketch of Nicholas' last photo taken, which was for little league. I had it made and framed for Kris as a Christmas gift a few years ago.




5 comments:
Is it a shasta daisy? Whatever it is, it is beautiful Emily. That was a great idea....
You are such a sweetie :) And I thank you for the reminder of just how precious life really is!
Hey, did you want to try to do coffee with, or without kids (meaning go someplace together, or get together at a park or one of our homes with the kiddos? :) ) I'd love to get together soon!
P.S. The plant is a Becky Leucanthemum! The park with the boys sounds fun! Em
It seems the longer I read new blogs the more pain and tragedy I find. But more importantly, I also find grace and hope. I'm so glad that our God "heals the broken-hearted and binds up their wounds."
My prayers are with you and your family.
i can't imagine how your family made it through....
thinking about you all!
Emily I'm so sorry. Even though I have lost a brother to an accident, I can't imagine. Losing a sibling who is a child is just so terrible. I wish I had found your blog before that day. I would have prayed for you long and hard. I'm sure reading my blog about my brother just a week or two later wasn't easy for you. I had no idea you had just been through an anniversary like that. Much love in Christ to you.
Post a Comment