Monday, July 21, 2008

Empty Nest!



Alex and I just had such an awesome experience! We've spent the day in Elmira running errands. I sat down to check my email and asked Alex to go check to see if the birds were there. He said No just one is. I grabbed the camera and ushered him outside, thinking we'd sit and wait for him to leave the nest, just as we walked out he did! It was sooooo cool! I didn't think we'd actually have the good fortune of seeing them leave. I'm glad Alex got to see it!

This picture was taken 2 days ago, so you can see they were really ready to go. There are actually THREE birds in that nest, but these two always sat on the other one and I only occasionally saw his head stick out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i can't believe you actually got to see the bird leaving the nest, that is TOO cool!

my boys would have loved that.