Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Britney by Bebo Norman

One of my favorite daily reads http://www.jesusneedsnewpr.blogspot.com/
listed this new song by Bebo Norman called "Britney". I think it's worth a listen and made me think about how even WE Christians can be so judgemental!


4 comments:

Anita J. said...

I'm going to show this to my daughter. Kids want fame so badly when they see singers and actresses, but they don't understand that fame comes with a great big price tag. I hope this will help her see the reality of fame a little clearer.

Emily said...

You know what’s sad, is that when things started going down hill for Britney I did judge her instead of praying for her. It wasn’t until things got really bad and I realized how serious the situation was that I realized the error and poor judgment on my part. We shouldn’t judge anyone to begin with!

Anita J. said...

I'll just be honest. I judged her when things were going well for her. I thought she was irresponsible with her platform, given that she reached so many young girls. I should have looked beyond that to the heart and prayed for her. It is shameful how I can hate to see someone look down their nose at someone else when I'm doing the same thing!

Brad Ruggles said...

Wow, that's a great song. I remember talking with my wife about how sad it was that everyone was hitting her when she was down when she obviously just needed a friend.