
Ever since I can remember, as a very small child, I LOVED FROGS! I think they are the sweetest, cutest little things in the world! Earlier this year I purchased a "Planet Frog Habitat". You order tadpoles, watch the metamorphosis and the frogs continue life in this cool habitat. Pet Frogs, sounds right up my alley! No hair, no dirty feet, no mess; my kind of pet.
However, when I was reading the directions it indicated that you have to change the water twice a week with distilled water. Gosh, I barely bath my child twice a week.....but okay....I think I can commit. It was getting sketchy when the instructions then said "You can't release the frogs in to the wild, they won't survive". I guess because they never had to!? Errrr, Okay, I'm still in.
What finally did it was the part where they said "These animals can live up to 20 years"! Okay, that's it. No pet frogs for us. Really, my choices. Keep it for 20 years or release it to die! I guess watching the metamorphose would have been educational (kind of like we're doing with the butterflies right now) but my heart just couldn't do it. So on a shelf in my basement sits the
fantastic Planet Frog Habitat!
We will keep to our brief encounters with the little ones around our house. Tell me he isn't cute?
The other thing that I LOVE are my baby's hands! I also love that he has developed my heart toward little creatures.
I love flowers too (Eric?) :)! Here's a close up of Nicholas' flower. So pretty, it's doing beautifully. Check out the one bent petal.
Love and Laughter, Emily




1 comment:
I love it! I saw the picture and immediately felt guilt. We had a fabulous frog habitat which never saw a frog. I couldn't remember why I had failed my children so miserably--that is until I read your whole post. I feel SO much better now!
Post a Comment