Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hi! My Name's Emily!


My name is Emily and I live in PA and I am a stay-at-home Mom, which I think is the most awesome job ever! I get to spend every day taking care of my home and family and, although there are times when I question what I'm doing, the monotony of day to day soccer Mom life - I know there is no greater or more important place I could be! I have an 11 year old step-son Austin, who is way to smart and cute - you know I'm going to be monitoring those phone calls soon!

I also have a 6 year old Son Alex! He's the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. Being pregnant, bearing a child....well, it just changes you from the inside out.

I'm kind of an oximoron. I'm incredibly blessed and content with my suburban lifestyle, but at the same time struggle with the feeling of always wanting MORE. That's where I really have to pray for God to help me see things thru his eyes and not my own. I want to store up for heaven, rather than for here, but I'm not sure I know what
that means. Please feel free to give me your advice on this.

So, I'd like to hear from you! What's your name, where are you from and how did you get here. I get a lot of hits from across the Country, but don't know many of you!

Welcome!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am Jenni, SAHM of 4. We live in MN. To be honest- I am not sure of how I found your blog. BUT!- I enjoy stopping by to see what you are up to- and reading all that you have to say. You are blessed with a gift of writing! Thanks for your posts, and for sharing about you and your family! Best wishes!

Emily said...

Jenni, thanks so much for saying Hi - I really appreciate it! Do you have a blog? I'd love to check it out! Blessings, Emily

Anonymous said...

hi emily! just me. pa? are you close to lady of the house? don't remember how i first got here. =)