Sleepy, sick and medicated I took the first shot - he must have most recently emerged because he's still hanging on to his shell of a Chrysalis while blood pumps from his abdomen to his veins as to inflate his wings.
Roll over and back to sleep!
When I woke up again, he was exploring the inside of the bowl and ready to get going. I took him out and generally in this early state they will sit right on your finger and stay with you, still not ready to go, but enough time had gone by that he immediately wanted to take flight.
So I took him outside, and he wasted no time.....up up and away!




4 comments:
Beautiful! I bet it's amazing to hold them as caterpillars and then as butterflies.
BTW: Hope you are feeling better.
It's Extraordinary. An amazing metamorphosis! Rather sad to see them go after caring for them for weeks!
Thank you for your well wishes! I’m feeling better!
that is so amazing! i love that you captured all of it.
but im sorry about your ears.
glad you are feeling better...
Post a Comment